Family and Childcare

We understand the sensitive nature of family proceedings, especially when children are concerned, and we make a concerted effort to provide solutions that reduce the strain on all those involved.

We have a wealth of experience in dealing with all aspects of family law and our overriding priority is to listen to all of the issues in your case and explore the best way of resolving your problems. Whether it is divorce, dissolution of civil partnership, financial provision, matters concerning children, care proceedings, or any other family law related matter, we offer detailed, considerate and effective advice.

We are experts at sorting out family disputes and, wherever possible, encourage out-of-court resolutions. We always aim to settle matters by negotiation rather than confrontation, in accordance with the best practice guidelines of ‘Resolution’ (the solicitors’ Family Law Association), and can offer both mediation and collaborative solutions in order to avoid such situations, if appropriate.

However, we are fully equipped to advise on bringing court proceedings if they offer the most sensible method of achieving the right outcome for your case and can represent you in court.

For any separated or separating parent, the most important issue will be their child or children. We can advise on all private law matters involving children, such as the time a child spends with each of their parents and other practical matters. All cases where children are involved require a high level of discretion and specialist knowledge and we will always seek to gain a clear understanding of the issues before helping you to seek a child-focused, practical and workable solution.

If the local authority (your local council) is involved with you and your family, we can also help you through the legal process at all stages of the authority’s investigations and assessments. We can explain the process to ensure you do not feel in the dark and right from the start of any investigation, we will make sure you have proper representation at any meetings and the right legal advice.

We will advise you about cooperating with the local authority and on anything you need to do, to make sure that any concerns Social Services have about your children – and your abilities as a parent or carer – are addressed.

Cases like these can be life changing for you and your children. Please contact us as soon as the local authority is involved with your family.  If you are a parent, our services may be free of cost to you and will be funded through Legal Aid.


We can provide advice and support with the following areas:-

  • Adoption
  • Arrangements for Children whose parents have separated
  • Care Proceedings and Social Services involvement with your children
  • Child Abduction
  • Cohabitation agreements
  • Divorce and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
  • Kinship carers
  • Finance on Separation and Divorce
  • Forced Marriages
  • Pre-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements
My Profile 01661836851 Email Me

7 Front Street, Prudhoe, Northumberland NE42 5HJ